Bad Content Checks

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Apr 3 17:09:44 IST 2006

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote on Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:37:39 -0500:

> You can, if you put it before the double extension rule. Depending on
> the clients' wishes, I either disable it altogether (the double
> extension rule) or I add allow rules at the top for trusted filetypes
> (my preferred choice). I think you can override it with another setting
> introduced a couple of versions ago.

Thanks for the answer.
Some months ago Julian introduced simpler Allow Filenames = \.txt$ \.pdf$
stuff which can either be used directly in MailScanner or with a ruleset.
That's what I did now for txt and pdf. I added them like "\.txt$ \.pdf$"
to the file and may add more. Can I also put them line after line in that
file?
Additionally I also commented out this double extension rule.

However, how am I supposed to release this stuff if necessary? If I
release it it's immediately caught again by MS. The whitelist works only
for spam.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany