Problem of removed carriage return on attached txt-files

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 11:16:55 IST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 10:41 +0100, Bernard.Lheureux at ibsbe.be wrote:

> I wanted to know if there was  a solution for the problem of "removed
> carriage returns" in attached text files passing through a MailScanner
> configured as a gateway with CentOS 4.2 ans Sendmail with ClamAV and
> Sophos.
> I have read in the mailinglist that it should be a perl bug but in
> which module, and how to fix it ?
> Do you have an idea where I could point my searches to ?

this problem is not fixed, the only workaround appears to be turn off
"Sign Clean Messages". Unfortunately, it doesnt look like this problem
will be fixed any time soon. As I understand it, it is a "hard" problem
involving perl itself, rather than the MIME::Tools module but IANAP.

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford