Bad Content Checks

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Apr 2 23:31:18 IST 2006

I found a file like this getting quarantined as "bad content". (Ahm, what
actually happens then - the message is delivered without the attachment,
or what happens?)

042-06-Logos.ly01.pdf

This is the rule that hit on it. I don't see the value of this rule.

# Deny all other double file extensions. This catches any hidden
filenames.
deny    \.[a-z][a-z0-9]{2,3}\s*\.[a-z0-9]{3}$   Found possible filename
hiding              Attempt to hide real filename extension

What is the point of disallowing whatever.whatever.pdf? Why is this trying
tho hide the real filename extension? Maybe that (whatever.bat.pdf) is
doing this, but it's much less troublesome than (whatever.pdf.bat).

Can I rule this over with

allow   \.pdf$

?
If so, I suggest adding quite a few of these exclusions.

Moreover. How can I release that file? I released it and it was
immediately caught again although 127.0.0.1 is whitelisted and Mailwatch
lists a Status of "W/L Bad Content" now.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany