Sendmail configuration for gateway

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Wed Sep 28 21:57:48 IST 2005

I had the relay domains in the local-host-names file too…  Pulled
them out and everything is working as it should, thanks for the
help…

Eric

Behalf Of Mike Kercher
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:08 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Sendmail configuration for gateway

You should add the domain that your Exchange server accepts mail for to
/etc/mail/relay-domains and then restart MailScanner.

Add an entry to /etc/mail/mailertable like so:

yourdomain.com        esmtp:[192.168.x.x]

Then run make to hash the file to db

If your Exchange is configured to reject unknown users, your MailScanner
box should be fine.  I run milter-sender on mine which calls the Exchange
server (or any other MX) to verify the recipient prior to accepting the
message.  It also calls back to verify the sender prior to accepting a
message.

Mike