Regexp (slightly OT)

Peter Russell pete at ENITECH.COM.AU
Wed Sep 28 02:09:47 IST 2005

I have had a need to start making my own custom rules for SA. Seems like
most people can already do this easily, but i kept making typos and
having issues making them work without retrying a few times.

Does anyone use any kind of validator, other than thier live system or
lint, to see if thier regexp are failing and if so where?

I found
http://desktopengineer.com/home/all_articles/free_regular_expression_tester
this tool that does a fair job, but its not a linux shell tool and its
almost too overwhelming.

Anyone got any ideas on a shell tool that can do a similar job?