Pyzor errors {Solved}

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Sep 27 20:27:38 IST 2005

On 25 Sep 2005, at 22:11, Drew Marshall wrote:

>> Hi all
>>
>> Just installed SA 3.1.0 and it's all running nicely. As Razor and
>> DCC are licensed and not used by default I thought I would give
>> Pyzor a go.
>>
>> It's all installed nicely but it just won't run. Pyzor discover
>> works fine but if i run it from either SA or command line I get:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/local/bin/pyzor", line 4, in ?
>>     pyzor.client.run()
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
>> line 934, in run
>>     ExecCall().run()
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
>> line 188, in run
>>     if not apply(dispatch, (self, args)):
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
>> line 284, in report
>>     self.client.report):
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
>> line 299, in send_digest
>>     runner.run(server, (digest, spec, server))
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
>> line 725, in run
>>     response = apply(self.routine, varargs, kwargs)
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
>> line 48, in report
>>     self.send(msg, address)
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyzor/client.py",
>> line 77, in send
>>     self.socket.sendto(mac_msg_str, 0, address)
>> socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')
>>

>> Now clearly the last line is significant. I have run this as root
>> so it's not (Or shouldn't be) a permissions problem with files or
>> directories and as root I shouldn't have issues with binding to
>> low numbered ports, which was one suggestion from Google.
>>
>> Any ideas any one?
>>
>> For the record:
>>
>> FreeBSD 5.4 with python 2.4 and the latest pyzor installed from
>> ports.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Drew

OK kinda sad responding to my own posting but for the benefit of the
archives I'll close this one. Classic firewall issue! If you don't
open the port it doesn't work!

/Blushes and runs away through embarrassment

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy