Sendmail and backup MX

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Mon Sep 26 21:01:21 IST 2005

You might want to look at smtptrapd for your high MX.  See:

http://smtptrapd.inodes.org

I run this on a second machine that does not run sendmail in
daemon mode (in fact none of my machines run sendmail except my
mail server).  It always gives a 400 "try again later" message.
It keeps the high-MX spammers busy, thus leaving my real mail
server alone.

This didn't answer your question, but maybe this is what you
were thinking.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College