spamassassin not functioning

augustin siaens augustin.siaens at AQUADEV.ORG
Mon Sep 26 19:39:26 IST 2005

sa-learn doesn't seem to work, I'll investigate...

 but I found out the problem. As I didn't see anything regarding=20
MailScanner in the log I decided to check since when MailScanner stopped=20
filtering. It appears that MailScanner stopped filtering on september=20
20. I checked with ps aux to see and found that a sendmail process was=20
dating from the exact same day. I killed it and, miracle, everything=20
seems to go back to normal...

Scott Silva wrote:

>Augustin Siaens spake the following on 9/26/2005 6:38 AM:
> =20
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm running MailScanner 4.45 on a Fedora 1. I've recently upgraded
>>MailScanner  from the 4.3xx version, SpamAssassin to version 3.0.1 and
>>SpamAssassin-tools to 3.0.1 as wel as perl-Mail-SpamAssassin to 3.0.1 t=
oo

>>Now MailScanner is working fine but SpamAssassin doesn't seem to scan
>>anything. I've sent myself a spam and it went through. I didn't see any=
thing
>>scanning at all in the logs.=20
>>
>>I've ran in debug mode and got the attached information. Could someone
>>please check quickly to spot the cause of the problem?
>>
>>thanks (a lot) in advance
>>   =20
>>
>--clip
> =20
>
>>debug: bayes: 31866 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_to=
ks
>>debug: bayes: 31866 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_se=
en
>>debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
>>bayes: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting! at /usr/lib=
/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 160.
>>   =20
>>
>You need to convert your bayes database when going from 2.xx to 3.xx
>Stop MailScanner and run the following;
>sa-learn --rebuild
>sa-learn --sync
>Then try another lint test.
>
> =20
>
>>debug: Pyzor: got response: 66.250.40.33:24441  TimeoutError:
>>debug: leaving helper-app run mode
>>debug: Pyzor: couldn't grok response "66.250.40.33:24441        Timeout=
Error: "
>>   =20
>>
>Also make sure you run your "pyzor discover" everyday, as you will not
>score on pyzor if it times out.
>

> =20

--=20
Augustin Siaens
AQUADEV
Rue des Carm=E9lites 151 Karmelietenstraat
1180 Bruxelles - Brussel
Tel: +32 2 347 70 00
Fax: +32 2 347 00 36