Quarantine folder Empty

Milo Hoffman hoff.milo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:02:44 IST 2005

------=_Part_4529_13201652.1127743364300

On 9/20/05, Nilesh Shastrakar <nilesh.shastrakar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Installed MailScanner on my test server with Clamav and
> Spamassassin.
> it working fine but I am having some problems , I have tried to send mail
> with Eicar.com <http://Eicar.com> attchment
> the mail has been marked as Virus e-mail but cant save removed
> message/attachement in quaratine folder
> The report says
>
> Warning: This message has had one omore attachments removed
> Warning: (eicar.com <http://eicar.com>, eicar_com.zip)
> Warning: Please read the :Test-Attachment-Warning.txt" for more
> inforamtion
> The original e-mail attachment eicar_com.zip belived to be infected by a
> virus and
> has been replaced by this warning message
>
> /Var/Spoo/MailScanner/quaratine/20050919 (message j8xxxxxxxx)
>
> But checking folder was empty it is not saved.
>
> How can I solve this problem

What are your parameters for the following in MailScanner.conf

Quarantine Infections
Quarantine Silent Viruses
Silent Viruses
regards

Milo

> Regards
> Nilesh.

.uk>with the words:
> Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/)
> and the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
>
> *Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!*

------=_Part_4529_13201652.1127743364300

ername">Nilesh Shastrakar</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nilesh.shastrakar at gmail=
.com">nilesh.shastrakar at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D=
"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0=
pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
I have Installed MailScanner on my test server with Clamav and Spamassassin=
.<br>
it working fine but I am having some problems , I have tried to send mail w=
ith <a href=3D"http://Eicar.com" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js=
.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">Eicar.com</a> attchment <br>
the mail has been marked as Virus e-mail but cant save removed message/atta=
chement in quaratine folder<br>
The report says <br>
Warning: This message has had one omore attachments removed<br>
Warning: (<a href=3D"http://eicar.com" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return =
top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">eicar.com</a>, eicar_com.zip)<br>
Warning: Please read the :Test-Attachment-Warning.txt&quot; for more infora=
mtion<br>
The original e-mail attachment eicar_com.zip belived to be infected by a vi=
rus and<br>
has been replaced by this warning message&nbsp; <br>
/Var/Spoo/MailScanner/quaratine/20050919 (message j8xxxxxxxx)<br>
But checking folder was empty it is not saved.<br>
What are your parameters for the following in MailScanner.conf<br>
Quarantine Infections<br>
Quarantine Silent Viruses<br>
Silent Viruses<br>
&nbsp;</div>regards<br>
Milo<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid r=
gb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><p>
Regards<br>
Nilesh.<br>

_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">jiscmail at j=
iscmail.ac.uk</a>
with the words:<br>
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.<br>
Before posting, read the Wiki (<a href=3D"http://wiki.mailscanner.info/" ta=
rget=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">ht=
tp://wiki.mailscanner.info/</a>)<br>and
the archives (<a href=3D"http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html" =
target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">=
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html</a>).