[MAILSCANNER] Exclusion lists

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 23 13:53:12 IST 2005

On 23/09/05, Dave Shariff Yadallee - System Administrator a.k.a. The
Root of              the Problem <root at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 08:48:19AM +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> > Please read about rulesets. They are documented in all the
> > MailScanner documentation.
> > Have you bought the Book yet?
> >

> We are not talking about a spam(assassin) related  incdient. just
> something that stops defanging mail for certain domains hosted here.

Jules isn't talking about SA rules, but MS rulesets... A mechanism for
having different MS setups depending on things like sender/recipient
address/IP address etc. In other words, exactly what you need.

As Julian mentions, this is documented in the book, so buying it might
be a good idea. You also have some examples in the rules directory
(/etc/MailScanner/rules or wherever), and last (but not least:-) in
the wiki... Have a long and good look at
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=&idx=documentation:configuration:rulesets

> Also, I do not know if the book is available in Canada.

I'd imagine CaféPress to deliver there too... If you like to pay more
for it, and give Jules less, order it from amazon...
(snip)
--
-- Glenn