[MAILSCANNER] MS 4.45.4-1 installation help

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Thu Sep 22 19:00:12 IST 2005

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

>On Thursday 22 September 2005 1:24 pm, Denis Beauchemin wrote:
>

>>Dimitri,
>>
>>What's the output from: netstat -tpa|grep :smtp
>>
>>Denis
>>

>Hi, Denis.
>
>I worked with a guy from Sherbrooke once.  Nice person (all Canadians are, in
>my estimation).  Sorry for the aside, all.
>
>Here's the output of :
>
>tcp        0      0 *:smtps                     *:*
>LISTEN      1753/stunnel
>tcp        0      0 *:smtp                      *:*
>LISTEN      17087/sendmail: acc
>
>Looks like the last line was concatenated, but still gives the general
>picture.

Dimitri,

This indicates that you have only one process (pid=17087) that has port
25 (smtp) open.  This is good.

Now, stop MailScanner and redo the netstat command to make sure there is
no sendmail running anymore.  If there is a process open on port 25,
kill it and then restart MS.

Denis

--
   _