[MAILSCANNER] Mails are not saving in quaratine folder

Nilesh Shastrakar nilesh.shastrakar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 07:08:48 IST 2005

I have checked letter cases it is
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine
it was my writing mistake sorry.
but my installation is default installation
I have not changed anything except oraganizational names
settings are default in Mailscanner.conf
which changes are required  to  work ?

Regards
Nilesh.

On 9/22/05, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
      Check the letter case of the directory entries, as Var is not
      the same
      as var and Spool is not the same as spool in any form or
      variation of
      unix/linux.
      I would suspect the case variations and the missing directory
      definitions should be fixed.
      See below

      > Incoming Work Dir Settings
      >
      > Incoming Work User =
      >
      > Incoming Work Group =
      >
      > Incoming Work Permissions = 0600
      >
      > Quarantine and Archive Settings
      >
      > Quarantine User =
      >
      > Quarantine Group =
      >
      > Quarantine Permissions = 0600
      >

      > Permissions of Folder
      >
      > /Var/Spool/MailScanner/Quaratine
      should probably be /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine
      note the letter case-   -                 -
      But check your filesystem to make sure, because I really
      doubt that var
      is initial caps.

      > File Owner:root
      >
      > File group:root
      >
      > Permission:700
      >
      > This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus
      Protection Service

      > The original e-mail attachment "eicar_com.zip"
      >
      > was believed to be infected by a virus and has been
      replaced by this warning

      > message.
      >
      > If you wish to receive a copy of the *infected* attachment,
      please

      > e-mail helpdesk and include the whole of this message
      >
      > in your request. Alternatively, you can call them, with
      >
      > the contents of this message to hand when you call.
      >
      > At Wed Sep 21 19:41:05 2005 the virus scanner said:
      >
      > ClamAV: eicar_com.zip contains Eicar-Test-Signature
      >
      > Note to Help Desk: Look on the MailScanner () MailScanner
      in

      > /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20050921 (message
      j8LEAumZ003380).

      --

      | MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
      | protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |

      Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/)
      and
      the archives (
      http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!