[MAILSCANNER] MS 4.44.6 + Postfix mail queue problems?

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Wed Sep 21 15:31:20 IST 2005

On Wed, September 21, 2005 15:22, Remy de Ruysscher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a problem with MS 4.44.6 and Postfix on FreeBSD 5.4. Postfix
> accepts the mail and it's waiting for MS in
> the hold queue. So far so good. However MS intially scans the queue, but
> after about 30 min, the queue fills up
> and MailScanner stops scanning (0,0 cpu usage). When MailScanner is
> restarted everything works fine for
> about 30 mins.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?

I would suggest this is caused by a message with a TNEF attachment. Change
your MailScanner.conf from using the internal decoder to the external one
and restart MailScanner. It's been covered before so you might want to
check the list archives for more detail (And I *think* Julian has fixed
this in the latest Beta (Which may not be in the ports tree yet)).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy