[MAILSCANNER] Spamassassin broken

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at FIRSTBHPH.COM
Wed Sep 21 12:50:22 IST 2005

Hello to all.

I've been using MailScanner in our shop for about a year now, and it's worked
just great.  But, now I have a problem of my own making, and I need your help
to fix it.

First, some info:

mailscanner-4.45.4-1
sendmail-8.12.11-4.RHEL3.1
spamassassin-2.55-3.4
clamav-0.86.2-1.1
mailwatch-0.5.1

All of the above except mailwatch are rpm installs on a CentOS 3 (RHEL AS 3)
box.

Last week, I thought I'd upgrade spamassassin to 3.0.1.  This turned out to
"break" DCC, razor, and RBL check.  Linting spamassassin showed that the
directives regarding DCC, razor, and RBL weren't being parsed.  So, I decided
to simply go back to my previous installation of spamassassin.  Now, lint
reports the following:

Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
envelope_sender_header X-MailScanner-From
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
dcc_home /etc/dcc
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: lock_method
flock

Ugh.  How did I manage to screw this up?  More importantly, how can I fix it?
I had this whole system running the balls before.  Your help would be greatly
appreciated.

Dimitri