[MAILSCANNER] Problem with new MCP rules?

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Tue Sep 20 20:19:34 IST 2005

Johnny Stork spake the following on 9/20/2005 10:27 AM:
> After going through the instructions for coniguring MCP, I had no problem getting MailScanner to identify subject or body text contained in the default example rule file 10_example.cf. So I created a new file with the extension *cf, with the contents below, and resstared MailScanner. Going to the MailWatch interface, Tools, and "Update MCP Rules Descriptions" and it correctly showed the new rules listed below, But sending an email with only the word "password" in the subject line got through just fine? What am I missing?
>
> Thanks
>

> # Rules for PBCO Message Content Protection
> #
>
> header   PASSWORD-SUBJECT-RULE    Subject =~ /password/i
> describe PASSWORD-SUBJECT-RULE    Banned Subject
> score    PASSWORD-SUBJECT-RULE    5
>
> body     PASSWORD-BODY-RULE    /password/i
> describe PASSWORD-BODY-RULE    Banned body text
> score    PASSWORD-BODY-RULE    5

Also, the above is vague on the file name.
Did you actually name it *cf or something like pbco_mcp.cf

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |