MS 4.45.4, SA 3.1, uninitialized variables - SOLVED

Stef Morrell stef at L5NET.NET
Mon Sep 19 16:41:27 IST 2005

MailScanner mailing list wrote:
> MailScanner mailing list wrote:
>>  Yipes!!  Complaints about "Use of uninitialized value" from various
>> MailScanner files! Methinks, not good.  Attached are my debug output
>
> Much the same here. Linux/x86 rather than SunOS/Sparc. I've
> had to roll back to SA 3.0.4, which runs fine.

In my case this turns out to be caused from adding

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry

into init.pre

With this plugin loaded, I'm not seeing nice "SpamAssassin returned 0"
messages in my log files (debug mode) so I'm (inexpertly and randomly)
guessing the uninitialised variable is the SA return code.

Stef
Stefan Morrell		| Director
Tel: 0870 365 2813	| Level 5 Internet Ltd
Fax: 0192 450 7307	| Part of the Alpha Omega Group
stef at l5net.net		| stef at aoc-uk.com