BitDefender.txt and [spam] tag

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 22:28:48 IST 2005

No, it us BitDefender on a Mandrake LE 2005 server.  I couldn't get past
the Error in update dll message when I tried to update BitDefender.

On 9/17/05, Raylund Lai <raylund.lai at kankanwoo.com> wrote:
      You mean BitDefender on a "Windows" mail server?

      Douglas Ward wrote:
      > It was an error in some dll file every time you tried to
      update
      > BitDefender.  I posted the question to this list back then
      and
      > eventually worked with BitDefender's technical support for
      > resolution.  I've sent them another e-mail about this and
      am waiting
      > for the answer.  I was hoping that someone on the list
      would have run
      > into it before though.  Thanks!
      >
      > On 9/16/05, *Raylund Lai* <raylund.lai at kankanwoo.com
      > <mailto:raylund.lai at kankanwoo.com>> wrote:
      >
      >     Why the command line never worked?  Mailscanner uses
      the bdc
      >     (bitdefender console) for scanning.  I'm using it on
      FreeBSD 5.4 too.

      <mailto:kevins at bmrb.co.uk>>> wrote:
      >     >
      >     >     My guess is that you are using BitDefender's mail
      scanning
      >     product by
      >     >     mistake rather than the command line file
      scanner.  Thats not a
      >     >     message
      >     >     applied by MailScanner.
      >     >
      >     >
      >     >     On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 15:28 -0400, Douglas Ward
      wrote:
      >     >     > After building a new MailScanner gateway I have
      run into the
      >     >     following
      >     >     > problems:
      >     >     >
      >     >     > 1) All traffic across the gateway gets tagged
      with a
      >     BitDefender.txt
      >     >     > attachment that reads as follows:
      >     >     >
      >     >     > --
      >     >     > This message was scanned for spam and viruses
      by BitDefender.
      >     >     > For more information please visit
      >     http://linux.bitdefender.com/
      >     >     >
      >     >     > 2) Legitimate e-mail is at times having the tag
      [spam]
      >     added to the
      >     >     > beginning of the subject line.
      >     >     >
      >     >     > Has anyone seen this before?  This didn't show
      up on the
      >     >     MailScanner
      >     >     > archives or in a google search.  Our second
      gateway doesn't do
      >     >     this so
      >     >     > it must be something I did differently when I
      set it up.  I'm
      >     >     stumped
      >     >     > and would appreciate any help you could
      offer.  Thanks!
      http://wiki.mailscanner.info/)
      >     >     > and the archives
      >     >     (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html
      >     <http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html>
      >     >     <
      http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html>).
      >     >     >
      >     >     > Support MailScanner development - buy the book
      off the
      >     website!
      >     >
      >     >

      >     >
      >     >     BMRB
      >     >     http://www.bmrb.co.uk < http://www.bmrb.co.uk
      >     <http://www.bmrb.co.uk>>
      >     >

      >     >     This message (and any attachment) is intended
      only for the
      >     >     recipient and may contain confidential and/or
      privileged
      >     >     material.  If you have received this in error,
      please
      >     contact the
      >     >     sender and delete this message
      immediately.  Disclosure, copying