Some .cf files not being used by SpamAssassin under MailScanner?

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Fri Sep 16 22:52:37 IST 2005

Matt Kettler spake the following on 9/16/2005 8:45 AM:
> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>
>>Just a small suggestion, what if you "cat lotto.cf >> local.cf (or
>>spam.assassin.prefs.conf)" and test out mailscanner.. won't help you to
>>really solve the problem but will at the least identify if the '.cf'
>>file is not being read at all OR mailscanner can't read the lotto rules.
>

> I tried making ALL my rules into one file. I moved all my .cf files out and did:
>
> cat * >> /etc/mail/spamassassin/monolithic.cf
>
> and then reloaded mailscanner.
>
> Still the problem persists. SA honors the lotto rules, mailscanner does not
>

>>Also check some basic things like ownership / permissions on lotto.cf
>>(already sure you've done that)
>

> I checked all that, everything is world readable.
>
> Currently:
> # ls -l /etc/mail/spamassassin/
> total 352
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       353254 Sep 16 11:31 monolithic.cf
> #
>

>>assuming you are running --lint (or -D)
>>
>>>as root and mailscanner as your mta id / group.
>

> Actually, I'm running both as root, which is typical in a sendmail environment.
>

> # ps xu |grep MailScanner
> root      9890  0.0  3.3 22180 17420 ?       S    11:29   0:00 /usr/bin/perl
> -I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
>
> <snip, copies of all the children, also running as root>

Do you have any rule names over I believe 22 or 26 characters?
That seems to be a limit I ran into a while back.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |