Some .cf files not being used by SpamAssassin under MailScanner?

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Fri Sep 16 16:49:00 IST 2005

Matt Kettler spake the following on 9/15/2005 5:42 PM:
> Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>>Chris Russell wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Matt,
>>>
>>>In MailScanner.conf, what is "SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir" set to.
>>>
>>>From your email, it should be /etc/mail/spamassassin, if not, set it and see how you get on.
>>

>>Well it's set to an empty string in my config:
>>SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =
>>
>>I'll try setting it, however I don't think this could possibly be the issue.
>>

> Assumption Verified. Setting this does not fix the problem.
>
> Upon reading the docs in the MailScanner.conf file, it's redundant to set this.
> It was worth a shot.
>
> The only reason one should ever need to use this option would be to force MS's
> copy of SA to use a *different* directory than the command line uses.
>
> I want my mailscanner to behave more like the spamassassin command-line, not
> less like it.
I don't think this is possible, but you can get the command line to
perform like MailScanner by using;
spamassassin -D --lint -p /path/to/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
so both load using the same configuration.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |