Some .cf files not being used by SpamAssassin under MailScanner?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Sep 16 17:09:22 IST 2005

Matt Kettler wrote:
> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>
>>Just a small suggestion, what if you "cat lotto.cf >> local.cf (or
>>spam.assassin.prefs.conf)" and test out mailscanner.. won't help you to
>>really solve the problem but will at the least identify if the '.cf'
>>file is not being read at all OR mailscanner can't read the lotto rules.
>

> I tried making ALL my rules into one file. I moved all my .cf files out and did:
>
> cat * >> /etc/mail/spamassassin/monolithic.cf
>
> and then reloaded mailscanner.
>
> Still the problem persists. SA honors the lotto rules, mailscanner does not

Some more follow-up on this. I can verify MS is parsing monolithic.cf, and I can
verify it's not aborting somewhere in the file prior to hitting my lotto rules.

I found two rules that are working: EVI_OPAL and BLACK_URI_RBL. L_LUCKYDAY is
not working.

EVI_OPAL works, declared on line 5015
L_LUCKYDAY ignored, declared on line 6066
BLACK_URI_RBL works, declared line 6225

However, I did another test... I can now verify that all the plain body rules in
monolithic.cf seem to be ignored, but all the header rules are running. The
drugs rules run as well, but they are meta tests..

But spamassassin commandline runs them all just fine.

SA:
        autolearn=no version=2.64

MS:
        BAYES_40 -0.00, INFO_GREYLIST_NOTDELAYED -0.00, NO_REAL_NAME 0.16)

SARE_ENLRGYOUR is one of the earliest body rules, declared on line 113.