Some .cf files not being used by SpamAssassin under MailScanner?

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Sep 16 09:37:11 IST 2005

Matt Kettler wrote:
[snip]

> Assumption Verified. Setting this does not fix the problem.
>
> Upon reading the docs in the MailScanner.conf file, it's redundant to set this.
> It was worth a shot.
>
> The only reason one should ever need to use this option would be to force MS's
> copy of SA to use a *different* directory than the command line uses.
>
> I want my mailscanner to behave more like the spamassassin command-line, not
> less like it.
>
> So, Julian, or anyone else "deep in the know", does MS invoke SA's config parser
> in some strange way that might limit the number of rules or number of files it
> can parse?

Just a small suggestion, what if you "cat lotto.cf >> local.cf (or
spam.assassin.prefs.conf)" and test out mailscanner.. won't help you to
really solve the problem but will at the least identify if the '.cf'
file is not being read at all OR mailscanner can't read the lotto rules.

Also check some basic things like ownership / permissions on lotto.cf
(already sure you've done that) assuming you are running --lint (or -D)
as root and mailscanner as your mta id / group.

Hope that helps,
- dhawal