Clamd

Alex Neuman alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Thu Sep 15 03:14:59 IST 2005

Well, it can be faster to have a program that's always loaded and in
memory scan the incoming datastream - but it MailScanner doesn't work that
way. It receives a bunch of messages before it "wakes up", looks at the
queue, scans everything from within perl using the module faster than it
would be to individually feed everything to clamd, and dumps whatever's
left after processing in the "real" queue. At least that's what I
understand.