Do whitelisted addresses skip all checks or just spam?

Ed Bruce ebruce at HPMICH.COM
Wed Sep 14 15:00:11 IST 2005

Chris W. Parker wrote:

 Ok so at this point the answer is "depends"? That is, with newer
versions of MS, whitelisted emails can either bypass the checks or not?
Is that what the directive you're referring to does?

I don't believe so. You can the whitelist rule which will cause all
emails that match a whitelist pattern to be mark as not spam. You can
also use a new option (seperate from the whitelist) to actually skip all
checks. I use this new option to skip email received from 127.0.0.1,
makes it much easier to release email from quarantine.