problem

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Sep 12 15:40:07 IST 2005

Raul Urqueta Sierra wrote:

>Hi, I have this problem from very days ago, in the maillog file:
>
>Sep 12 10:06:34 servidor sendmail[30891]: rejecting connections on
>daemon MTA: load average: 24
>
>Sep 12 10:13:40 servidor sendmail[30891]: rejecting connections on
>daemon MTA: load average: 31
>
>Sep 12 10:14:41 servidor sendmail[541]: runqueue: Aborting queue run:
>load average too high
>
>And the server become very very slow, and don't send any mail
>
>Can anyone help please...
>
>raul

Raul,

Pleas don't hit reply and change the subject to something completely
different.

Now as to your problem, those messages just say that your server load is
high enough that sendmail won't accept any new messages until the load
gets back below your predefined load average.

This mechanism is there to make sure your server does not get completely
trashed by too many incoming mails.

Now you have to try to figure out why the load average got so high.  Try
a top or ps.

Denis

--
   _