McAfee On Fedora Core 4

Jason Brault JBrault at SCOTFORGE.COM
Fri Sep 9 17:08:30 IST 2005

Hi Glenn,

I can give you a solid confirmation.  The compat package, on Fedora Core
4 is not required to run the p4 version.  It's not installed on my box,
and the p4 version is running fine.

---------------

Jason Brault
Communications Administrator - Scot Forge Company
8001 Winn Rd., Spring Grove, IL.  60081
Phone: (815) 675-4247
Fax: (815) 675-4129
Email: jbrault at scotforge.com

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Glenn Steen
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 10:16 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: McAfee On Fedora Core 4

On 09/09/05, Nathan Olson <naolson at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK the compat package is not required to run the 'p4' version.
>
> Nate

Ok... Could someone more corroborate that? (Not that I don't believe
you Nate, but "AFAIK" is a bit like "I *think* it is that way...":-).

I already had a blurb about the two linux versions that *should* point
everyone on modern distros to the p4 variant... Hmmm... Time for some
creativity to strike here... Have a look now and tell me what you all
think.

--
-- Glenn