MailScanner not sending mail to /var/spool/mqueue

Spicer, Kevin KevinS at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Sep 9 09:43:32 IST 2005

Behalf Of lester lasad
>I'm using ClamAV (version 0.73) as my virus scanner.

You should upgrade that, 0.73 doesn't fully understand the current
definitions files, you will be missing protection from some viruses.

>I still have it set to allow password protected zip files.  As I
mentioned in my first
>email I said it would probably start working on it's own.  It is
sending mail to mqueue
>now but it is slow.  It will put about 100 or so in there route them
but then I have no
>activity in mqueue again for at least 10 - 20 minutes (haven't timed it
accurately yet
>but will).

Check for any particularly large emails in the incoming queue.  I once
had a problem where someone sent a 100M zip file and this caused
problems (especially as my working directory was in tmpfs)  In the end I
had to stop MailScanner and remove the offending file.  After that I put
a message size limit in sendmail.

BMRB
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB Limited accepts no liability
in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.