MCP/SPAM Actions

Gray, Richard richard.gray at DNS.CO.UK
Tue Sep 6 16:40:08 IST 2005

Apologies, I did mean store and not quarantine, and I'm sorry to keep
asking this question

I can see what you mean about telling it to store the message, but I
have also told it to delete the message. I'm guessing from observed
behaviour here, but the current implementation works as follows:

SPAM - Delete && MCP - Clean => Message Deleted
SPAM - Delete && MCP - store => Message Stored in MCP
SPAM - Delete && MCP - Delete => Message Deleted

SPAM - Store && MCP - Clean => Message stored in SPAM
SPAM - Store && MCP - store => Message stored in SPAM (and also in MCP?)
SPAM - Store && MCP - Delete => Message stored in SPAM

SPAM - Clean && MCP - Clean => Message Passed
SPAM - Clean && MCP - store => Message stored in MCP
SPAM - Clean && MCP - Delete => Message Deleted

Have I finally got the whole thing twigged?

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS(TM) Managed Email Security and is free from all known viruses.

For further information contact email-integrity at dns.co.uk