Disaster recovery assistance

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sat Sep 3 17:02:21 IST 2005

MailScanner mailing list <> scribbled on Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:08
AM:

> I have had some guys here helping with firewall config, but
> i'm no expert.
>
> we had the following
>
> access-list outside_access_in permit icmp any any access-list
> outside_access_in permit ip any host 32.97.100.3 access-list
> outside_access_in permit ip any host 32.97.100.100
> access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host
> 32.97.100.100 eq smtp access-list outside_access_in permit
> tcp any host 32.97.100.100 eq www access-list
> outside_access_in permit tcp any host 32.97.100.100 eq pop3
> access-list dmz_access_inside permit ip any 192.168.0.0
> 255.255.0.0 access-list dmz_access_inside permit icmp any any
> access-list dmz_access_inside permit udp any any
>
> but, i cannot telnet to outside mail server.
>
> Thanks for response

You stated that you created a NAT that translates 32.97.x.x to your
208.24.x.x, but your firewall rules only mention 192.168.0.x  What is the IP
address of your NAT'd server right now?

I live in Baytown, TX and we have a LOT of survivors of the hurricane here.
My family is driving to different camps here delivering pizzas and supplies
as our pockets allow.  I'd like to work with you on this until we get it
going.  If you need a SmartHost to relay through, I'll be happy to provide
that for you if we can get you to access port 25 on just one of my boxes or
even port 587.

Mike