postfix - greylisting (gld) - MailScanner

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Mon Oct 31 09:51:38 GMT 2005

On Mon, October 31, 2005 07:53, Pascal Maes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using Postfix whith gld (for the greylisting) and MailScanner
> (4.45.4)
>
> Mails are coming from the world onto the port 25
> and our users a using the port 587 (after authentication) to send their
> mail
>
> Sometimes, our users are connected to the Net by ISP which are on black
> lists
> and then their mails got a high score.
>
> How could I tune MailScanner (or Postfix) to avoid this behaviour ?

I would suggest looking at rule sets to start with. There are some good
examples in the rules directory and on the wiki (Which may still be off
line due to the fire in Southampton over the weekend). Exactly how you
configure them will depend on how the mail from your remote users is
received.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy