OT: WAV/MP3 to TXT

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Fri Oct 28 17:54:56 IST 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 08:06:45AM -0500, Mike Kercher wrote:
> I am trying to find an application (if one even exists) to take a .WAV or
> .MP3 file and transcribe (voice recognition) the audio to a text file.
> Please reply off-list if you know of anything that will do this.

There _may_, I repeat, _may_ be a way to do this with one or more of
the popular speech-to-text applications such as Dragon Dictate. If
not, then you might be able to pipe the output of the player to the
input of the dictation engine through a second sound card. Ugly, yes.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old sysadmin