Forward "Spam" (action) mail to single mailbox ..

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 19:44:14 IST 2005

I just tested this and it is working fine. The maillog says this:

Oct 26 19:42:42 karla MailScanner[15619]: Spam Actions: message
h8N7jHpf022110 actions are delete,spambox at scorpion.nl,forward
Oct 26 19:42:42 karla MailScanner[15619]: Spam Actions: message
g4KAPXR04047 actions are delete,spambox at scorpion.nl,forward

Did you do a "service MailScanner reload" or "service MailScanner
restart" (in RedHat Linux) after changing MailScanner.conf?
You have to tell it the config file has changed.

It explicitly does not automatically detect changes in the file as you
might save a half-edited file which would cause mail to be lost if it
was used. So once you are happy with the file, you have to tell it to
re-read the file. The last thing you want is it to start using a file
that accidentally says "delete" instead of "deliver", as you didn't have
a chance to check your new file first!

What version of MailScanner are you running? And what MTA?

Christiaan den Besten wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> I would like all my 'highspam' to be 'forwarded' to a single
> 'spambox at scorpion.nl' box for processing. The original rcpt should not
> receive this message.
>
> "Spam Actions = forward spambox at scorpion.nl delete" does not seem te
> be doing the trick :(. The forward works, but the message still gets
> delivered to its original rcpt :(
>
> Bug, or missing feature ? :)
>
> bye,
> Chris
>
> PS: The mailscanner log shows: "Oct 26 20:13:08 hannibal
> MailScanner[10565]: Spam Actions: message 1EUplg-0002kU-2Y actions are
> forward,spambox at scorpion.nl"

- --
Julian Field

believed to be clean.