DCC install not going well

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Oct 26 14:39:41 IST 2005

Chris W. Parker wrote:

>Dhawal Doshy <mailto:dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM>
>    on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:40 PM said:
>

>>Try this:
>>

>[snip]
>
>Actually, now that I've restarted MS for a second time I am seeing
>DCC_CHECK 2.17 in the logs. Is this all I should be seeing and is 2.17
>the highest score DCC generates by defualt? In other words, does it
>either simply generate a score of 0 or 2.17?

Chris,

I found this line in /usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf:
score DCC_CHECK 0 1.37 0 2.17

It means DCC will only score 0 1.37 or 2.17 depending on your SA
config.  With Bayes on, the score will be 2.17.

If you believe it should be higher, just add the following line to
spam.assassin.prefs.conf and reload MS:
score DCC_CHECK new_score

The following comes from man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf :
  If only one valid score is listed, then that score is always used for
a test.

  If four valid scores are listed, then the score that is used depends
on how SpamAssassin is being used. The first score is used when both
Bayes and network tests are disabled (score set 0). The second score is
used when Bayes is disabled, but network tests are enabled (score set
1). The third score is used when Bayes is enabled and network tests are
disabled (score set 2). The fourth score is used when Bayes is enabled
and network tests are enabled (score set 3).

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste