Oversized.zip disabling

DAve dave.list at PIXELHAMMER.COM
Tue Oct 25 14:18:58 IST 2005

TAC Forums wrote:
> Hi Dhawal,
>

>>What do you use? clamscan or clamavmodule (Mail::ClamAV).
>

> We use clamscan.
>
>>clamscan: Search for ExtraScanOptions="" in the clamav-wrapper script
>>and add the following to it "--max-ratio=0", remember that setting this
>>would effectively disable some DOS protection within Clam. It should
>>look like this: ExtraScanOptions="--max-ratio=0"
>

> Thanks for the help, it worked...

We expreienced this issue several months ago with clients sending Access
DBs back and forth. If they are small DBs the compress very well. I set
the ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio from the default of 250 to 400 and the
DBs regularly go through now. This required a bit of trial and error on
my part with a sample zipped DB.

Tuning the setting rather than disabling it seems a better option to me.

DAve