Problems with wiki

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 25 11:54:37 IST 2005

On 25/10/05, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Can one of the wiki-masters help this guy out please? I haven't a clue.
>
> On 25 Oct 2005, at 00:15, Lance Haig wrote:
>
> > How can I get my password sent to me.
> >
> > I want to maintain the SUSE install page.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Lance
>
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

I might be wrong, but the old version you've installed is likely not
capable of resending (or rather resetting) the passwd.

I don't know if the latest stable release of DW includes it, but it
definitely is in the darcs repository... One could well go with one of
the nightly snapshots... There are a lot of improvements (and "fun"
plugins, templates etc) that work well with the devel version. Main
thing is that you have the very nice Admin additions (just enable
plugin manager etc, then add user_manager (the experimental one) and
you'll be able, as an admin to reset passwords etc from the admin
"gui").

But as it stands, we cannot help much... You could of course implement
the feature by hand... look at
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:resetpassword ...

-- Glenn

--