Bypassing Bad Content filter for one user: foundscript

J.F. Charland jfcharland at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 25 03:18:27 IST 2005

On 10/24/05, Dennis Willson <taz at taz-mania.com> wrote:
> I believe you want to make a ruleset for:
> Dangerous Content Scanning =
>
> Or maybe multiple rulesets in the section labeled:
> #
> # Removing/Logging dangerous or potentially offensive content
> # -----------------------------------------------------------
> #
>
> I have gotten to the point where I tell the users it's part of the anti-virus and can't be controlled per user or per domain (even
> though it can) just because even the users that say "I know enough to know what not to do with bad content" really don't (In fact
> these are the most dangerous users that will mess themselves up and I will get the support call for). They grumble a bit, but since
> it's part of the anti-virus they'll live with it.
>
> You can also create whitelists for specific senders and/or receivers and with MailWatch they (the users) can do that themselves.
>
> Dennis
>

> J.F. Charland wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > How does one bypass the bad content filters for a particular sender or
> > recipient for warnings such as "foundscript"?  I can't seem to find
> > out where I can create a ruleset for this in MailScanner.conf.
> >
> > Can someone point me to a resource or briefly describe the procedure?
> > I promise don't need hand-holding, just a pointer.  :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JF

Puzzled, I wanted to see if there was such actually such a paramater
as "Dangerous Content Scanning =" by doing a   man MailScanner.conf

There isn't.  :-)  But I DID find the "Allow Script Tags" parameter so
I would try something like:
   Allow Script Tags = %rules-dir%/allow.script.tags

 I would put the following in the rules file:

   FromOrTo:       default         no
   To:             scripts.galore at mailbox-at-risk.com      yes

... am I on the right track?