mqueue and mqueue.in pretty full

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Thu Oct 20 21:03:49 IST 2005

Dan Stromberg spake the following on 10/20/2005 12:43 PM:
> I have a system running mailscanner, that has:
>
>         meter-root) pwd
>         /var/spool/mqueue.in
>         meter-root) ls | wc -l
>         769
>         meter-root) cd ../mq
>         mqueue@     mqueue.in@  mqueue.old/
>         meter-root) cd ../mqueue
>         meter-root) ls | wc -l
>         1026
>         meter-root)
>
> ...which seems excessive.
>
> If this were a mailscannerless system, I'd just do /usr/lib/sendmail -bp
> and/or /usr/lib/sendmail -v -q, and perhaps some telnet'ing to the SMTP
> port and sniffing to see what's wrong.
>
> But what does one do when the flow of mail is clogged on a mailscanner
> system?
>
> Thanks!

The first thing you could try would be to set debug =yes and if you use
spamassassin debug spamassassin = yes
in /etc/MailScanner/mailscanner.conf
and then run check_mailscanner
should dump a bunch of useful info to stdout.
Look for any errors.
 Remember to set the debug statements back to no

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |