SpamAssassin and SQL

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at CHIME.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Oct 18 16:35:07 IST 2005

Hi,

Those configuration options are considered privileged settings by
SpamAssassin, and as such cannot be set in a user preferences config
file.

The MailScanner file 'spam.assassin.prefs.conf' effectively acts like
the SpamAssassin user preferences file for the MailScanner process.

These settings need to be set in the SpamAssassin local.cf file which
is usually found in /etc/mail/spamassassin.

> I would like to know if its possible to make the MailScanner read
the
> user configurations in the spamassassin via sql.
>  I put in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf to maje it call the sql.
>

> user_scores_dsn DBI:mysql:antispam:localhost
> user_scores_sql_username antispam
> user_scores_sql_password xxxxx
>
> but it keeps ignoring it.
>
> In the Amavis, I can run it without problems. But I hate Amavis. I
> love MailScanner :)

> mailscanner' in the body of the email. Before posting, read the Wiki
> (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and the archives
> (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

Anthony Peacock
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and
scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however,
the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot." -Mark Twain