Feature request to make the 'archive mail' fuction smarter. :-)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 18 13:22:47 IST 2005

On 18/10/05, TAC Forums <tac.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Not sure if there is a way to solve this problem, but any ideas would
> be welcome. :-)
>
> We've enabled a feature in MailScanner called 'Archive Mail' which is
> forwarded to an e-mail ID.... say ABC at domain.com
>
> However, if someone send an email TO a person, say X and a copy CC to
> Y, then the ID ABC at domain.com receives two copies.
>
> Is there a way the system can figure out that actually just one
> archive copy is sufficient since it's the same message being sent to
> two different people on the same server.
>
> Regards
> --
> TAC Support Team

How could it? The splitting is done *well before MS gets it*... Sure,
for a mailstore server of some kind, like M-Sexchange, it's rather
simple to determine this (although I'm pretty sure that M-Sex doesn't
do this... The mails end up in different mailstores after all), but
that is not what you've got here. MS don't have any "memory" to speak
of:-).

--
-- Glenn