MailScanner-MRTG timeout error message

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Sun Oct 16 15:18:55 IST 2005

Chris W. Parker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting an error in the emails that MailScanner-MRTG sends after
> running.
>
> (7 times total per email)
> Timeout: No Response from localhost:161

Everytime it is run, or only once in a while?  It happens on my servers
when they're overloaded.  This only means that it could not connect to
the snmp agent in a timely manner.

> Is there a MailScanner-MRTG user mailing list? I could only find an
> announce list.

I think there is  a list on sourceforge for that.

> I am using the latest version of MSMRTG and it is building (some) graphs
> even though this error is being reported.

As I said, if you have very busy servers and you don't get those
messages often, don't worry.

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.