MailWatch password (web user)

Chris Russell Chris.Russell at KNOWLEDGEIT.CO.UK
Fri Oct 14 15:26:58 IST 2005

 this is a sql query rather than another a mailscanner question,

 However,

   update users set password=md5('newpassword') where username='xxxx';

 .. Assuming the username field is "username" (Check this with "describe
users" from mysql)

Cheers,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Information Services
Sent: 14 October 2005 14:55
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MailWatch password (web user)

I am trying to change the password for the MailWatch web user, but am
having problems in doing so.

I am running

CentOS 4.1
mysql-4.1.10a-2.RHEL4.1
mailwatch-1.0.1
mailscanner-4.44.1-1
phpMyAdmin-2.6.3-pl1

I have changed the password in:

MailWatch.pm
SQLBlackWhiteList.pm
conf.php

from the command line:

mysql mailscanner -u (user) -p
[changed the password]
GRANT ALL ON mailscanner.* TO xxx at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

flush privileges;
\q;

Then when I try to create a MailWatch Web User, I run into this problem

mysql mailscanner -u (user) -p
INSERT INTO users VALUES ('xxxx',md5('password'0,'xxxx','A','0');
ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'xxx' for key 1

So what do I need to do in order to change the password for this user?

Casey

Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and the
archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the
Nexent Internet Anti Virus and Spam Tagging Service and is believed to
be clean.

The contents of this e-mail may be privileged and are confidential.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor copied in any way. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Knowledge Limited.

If received in error, please advise the sender, then delete it from your system.