Exclude domain from Virus scan...

Dennis Willson taz at TAZ-MANIA.COM
Tue Oct 11 21:57:32 IST 2005

Try this section in the MailScanner.conf. Notice it says it will accept or reject regardless if it's infected.

I have my users put their .exe files within zips.

#
# Attachment Filename Checking
# ----------------------------
#

# Set where to find the attachment filename ruleset.
# The structure of this file is explained elsewhere, but it is used to
# accept or reject file attachments based on their name, regardless of
# whether they are infected or not.
#
# This can also point to a ruleset, but the ruleset filename must end in
# ".rules" so that MailScanner can determine if the filename given is
# a ruleset or not!
Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf

# Set where to find the attachment filetype ruleset.
# The structure of this file is explained elsewhere, but it is used to
# accept or reject file attachments based on their content as determined
# by the "file" command, regardless of whether they are infected or not.
#
# This can also point to a ruleset, but the ruleset filename must end in
# ".rules" so that MailScanner can determine if the filename given is
# a ruleset or not!
#
# To disable this feature, set this to just "Filetype Rules =" or set
# the location of the file command to a blank string.
Filetype Rules = %etc-dir%/filetype.rules.conf