Too much uptime !

Mon Oct 10 17:26:54 IST 2005

Hi

What rules are you running on the SA config.

If you are using RBL's or URI-RBL's have you defined a caching nameserver on
the machine?

Have you read the tuning info on the wiki?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic
Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

-----Original Message-----
Of Rabellino Sergio
Sent: 10 October 2005 17:17
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [MAILSCANNER] Too much uptime !

Dear list,
 i'm getting an high uptime on my mailscanner box, and this is a new
behaviour for me.

The load average persist over 3.00 and my mail traffic is not so high.
My actual config is

MailScanner Rel4.45.4 - McAfee VirusScan - ClamAV cmd line - SA 3.0.4
Max Children = 5
Queue Scan Interval = 40

I've changed The Scan Interval from 5 seconds to 40 and the max children
from 10 to 5, but without any significant change in the load.
My Solaris 9 box is an V440 with 4GB of ram and 4 ultrasparc CPU.

Where I need to investigate ? From a simple check, seems that 2
MailScanner processes are statically  in O-state and three are in either
R/S state: it's normal ?

--
Dott. Mag. Sergio Rabellino

 Technical Staff