O.T. mod_perl smtp server

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Fri Oct 7 03:30:02 IST 2005

Ken A wrote:
> Anyone played with this?
> http://search.cpan.org/~mock/Apache-SMTP-0.01/lib/Apache/SMTP.pm
>
> It's Apache2, mod_perl, and Net::SMTP to make a simple scalable smtp
> server or smtp proxy.
>
> Might it be a good fit for mailscanner?

I don't see exactly why one would use in prod environment a product that
seems to be young.  You have a lot of mature alternatives for MTA:
Sendmail, Postfix, Exim, Qmail, Zmailer that offer many different ways
to be configured.  Apparently, you can throttle connexions with a milter
or a config.

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.