MailScanner and Logwatch

Ryan Pitt ryan at MARINOCRANE.COM
Thu Oct 6 19:09:18 IST 2005

Sure...I added the line
"Logging message" (without the quotes ;-)) to /etc/log.d/ignore.conf
Which resulted in "3415 Ignored Lines" for me in Logwatch yesterday.

Quoted from ignore.conf documentation....
"Simply cut and paste as much of the line as needed below be warned that
it is possible to really limit your reports by placing a bad value below.
BAD EXAMPLE: putting a single "." alone on a line will filter all output"

Also, I noticed that YUM did not update the package for me and found
that a much later version of Logwatch was available in rpm format from
their web site.
http://www2.logwatch.org:8080/tabs/download/

Have fun!

Ryan