Opting a user/domain out of attachment checking

Andy Norris andy at TIRESWING.NET
Thu Oct 6 17:54:19 IST 2005

I recently upgraded MailScanner and SpamAssassin, and it seems that
some of my fine-tuning has been wiped out. The rule to not scan mail
for viruses FromOrTo a domain isn't working, apparently, and I've got
people screaming at me about their zip files not coming through.

The book says to look in filename.rules.conf and filetype.rules.conf.

For now, I have commented out the line in filename.rules.conf for EXE files.

I have left alone filetype.rules.conf. Not sure why this file is
necessary in conjunction with the other... but am leaving it alone for now.

This allows the exes in the zip files, but this is not really what I
want to do server-wide.

I had set in the file virus-scan.rules the following line:

FromOrTo: *@calian.us no

I've tried both spaces and tabs here, and no difference... it doesn't work.

So am I messing with the wrong files, or not enough files? :-)

I'm running:
MailScanner version 4.45.4
SpamAssassin version 3.1.0

Please let me know if there's more information I need to include here
for anyone to give me a hand here.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. Especially the ones that help!

Andy Norris
andy at tireswing.net