SpamAssassin Efficiency

Rob Poe rpoe at PLATTESHERIFF.ORG
Thu Oct 6 16:27:47 IST 2005

Running Spamassassin with MailScanner.  As I use more rulesets, during busy / peak mail server periods, SpamAssassin is timing out and the spam message makes it through.

I'd rather default the box to WAIT for SpamAssassin, even if that means backing up email a little bit.  Hopefully I'll be able to replace the box soon (it's a 2.0ghz celeron / 1g ram) with a dual 2.8 xeon / 3 gigs ram / hardware RAID5 (instead of software raid1)..But for now I have to use what I have..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.