CentOS 4.1 final w/posix lock still having issues

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Oct 5 23:41:09 IST 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 10:17 -0400, Richard D Alloway wrote:
> But, I still get deliveries with the dreaded "Message body disappears" errors.
> What should I look for at this point?

Wild shot in the dark, from the one time I saw this myself (very long
time ago).  Make sure that sendmail is being started from the
MailScanner startup scripts and that you have the noetrn option on in
that startup script (its there by default so it should be...).  Also
worth grepping the logs for etrn, just in case the command line option
isn't being honoured for some reason.  You don't want to let folks use
etrn!

Probably not your problem, but doesn't hurt to check.

BMRB
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB Limited accepts no liability
in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.