Spamassassin woes

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Wed Oct 5 23:15:20 IST 2005

Mike Kercher spake the following on 10/5/2005 3:01 PM:
> MailScanner mailing list <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:44
> PM:
>

>>I have two mostly identical systems, but one has recently
>>stopped hitting the SURBL hits in spamassassin.
>>I re-installed spamassasin, and diffed the configs between
>>the two systems, but can't find the problem.
>>I can lint a test message on the non-working spamassassin and
>>the SURBL's hit.
>>
>>My next try is to re-install Net::DNS.
>>Any other ideas?
>>
>>MailScanner is latest stable
>>Spamassassin 3.1.0
>>ClamAV 0.87
>>All installed from Julian's tarball.
>>

> Is it possible you are being hit by the fact that Cogent and Level3
> de-peered today?  This is killing me as some of my customers are unable to
> even check their email!
>
> http://status.cogento.com
>
> Mike

Both my hosts are on MCI / whoever they are this week.
One works, one quit about a week ago.
Just noticed as the same spam seemed to score too differently on each.

After reinstalling Net::DNS, I got lint errors with spamassassin, so now
I'm re-installing it again to see what's up.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |