Blocking sexually explicit material...

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Nov 30 22:19:44 GMT 2005

Roger Poore wrote:
>>I'd also suggest adding on the "specific" and "adult"
>>rulesets from rulesemporium.com.
>

> Well, I had tried 70_sare_adult.cf a while back but I didn't know
> exactly where to put it.  I tried appending the rules inside to
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf but that didn't work---or at least I don't
> think it did. :)

It probably would work, but it really shouldn't work according to the SA
documentation. It's a "loophole" caused by how MS passes
spam.assassin.prefs.conf to SA.

> I'll try saving the .cf to /etc/mail/mailscanner and reload mailscanner
> and see if that works.

That will not work. I did not say /etc/mail/mailscanner. I said
/etc/mail/spamassassin/. This is a spamassassin rulefile, not a mailscanner file.

> At least now I know where to put these darn
> rules! :)

Make sure you run spamassassin --lint on it. And if you still use
spam.assassin.prefs.conf, use -p to make sure SA lints that too.