Anti-virus woes...

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Wed Nov 30 17:54:13 GMT 2005

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 30/11/05, Ken Goods <KGoods at aiainsurance.com> wrote:

snip....

> I wouldn't be so sure that it's OK. What does
> /usr/bin/clamscan --version
> and
> /usr/local/bin/clamscan --version
> give? I'm pretty sure it'll show a less than optimal combination in
> the first instance... Which is why you probably should take my advice
> above and go for "only one clamav on this system";-).
>
> Cheers

Bingo, oh wise one!

[root at gw-mail mail]# /usr/bin/clamscan --version
ClamAV 0.85.1/705/Fri Feb 11 08:51:32 2005
[root at gw-mail mail]# /usr/local/bin/clamscan --version
ClamAV 0.87.1/1198/Tue Nov 29 02:05:20 2005

Ouch!

Thanks a ton Glenn! I have been fighting this off and on through every
upgrade I've done. All because I had a problem with an install about a year
ago and strayed from Julian's install script and installed from someone
else's RPMs. Then when that didn't work well I went back to Jule's script.
Thought I had got rid of everything back then but obviously not!

I'll figure this *nix thing out eventually! :)

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Kind regards,
Ken

Ken Goods